To be considered for admission applicants should submit information that informs the admissions committee of the applicants ability to succeed academically at Kettering. Kettering University recommends a strong high school preparation that includes the following course work for freshman admission:
- English: 3 years
- Mathematics: Algebra - 2 years, Geometry - 1 year, Trigonometry - 1/2 year
- Science: Lab Science: 1 year must be Chemistry or Physics (both recommended)
Applicants are encouraged to complete science, mathematics and English courses beyond these minimum requirements. Training and/or experience in mechanical drawing, computer aided design and personal computers is encouraged. Transfer applicants should include Calculus, Chemistry and Physics in their curriculum prior to enrollment at Kettering University.
- Complete the entire web-based application and submit it to Kettering.
- Submit your academic transcripts to Kettering University, 1700 University, Flint, MI 48504. If you are a transfer student, please supply course description information.
- Submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language, TOEFL. The Kettering test code for TOEFL is 1246.
- Kettering recommends that international students take one college entrance exam - the SAT or ACT. The SAT code is 1246 and the website is www.collegeboard.com and the ACT code is 1998 and the website is: www.act.org.
- Submit a personal statement indicating why you want to attend Kettering and why you would attend a university in the U.S.
- Submit two letters of recommendation by instructors and/or school counselors.